60 min

The open-air museum on Jędrzejówka in Laskowa

Laskowa
Culture

The open-air museum on Jędrzejówka in Laskowa is a private ethnographic collection, created by Barbara and Krzysztof Jędrzejek in Laskowa, a town located in the picturesque valley of the Łososina river in the Beskid Wyspowy. The owners are consistently expanding their collections by transferring more, characteristic for the vicinity of Laskowa, objects of 19th-century rural wooden architecture and enriching them with new exhibits presenting Lakhiv material culture. The open-air exhibition is intended by the owners to create a complex of functionally related historic buildings, reflecting the culture and history of the inhabitants of Laskowa and the surrounding area. Currently, the collections are presented in eight objects, supplemented with small architecture, such as wooden chapels, a roadside stone chapel from the 19th century, an apiary with a collection of beehives or a reconstruction of a beehive in a huge oak trunk.

Add to the plan Show detail
20 min

The Minor Basilica of Our Lady of Sorrows Limanowa

Limanowa
Culture

The Minor Basilica of Our Lady of Sorrows in Limanowa is a Roman Catholic church, erected in 1912-1918, which in 1991 was raised by Pope John Paul II to the rank of a minor basilica. The monumentality of the building is given by the stone lining of the external walls and the 65-meter tower covered with a Neo-Baroque cupola. Inside there are magnificent stained glass windows. It is a sanctuary in which Our Lady of Sorrows is especially worshiped. In the main altar there is a statue of Our Lady of Sorrows of the Pieta type, famous for its graces, from the 14th century, which was ceremonially crowned in 1966 by the then Archbishop. Karol Wojtyła and later re-crowned by him as Pope John Paul II. The rich interior equipment includes, among others baptismal font from the beginning of the 16th century, baroque statues of saints and organs. Outside, pilgrims have at their disposal: the field altar, the upper chamber, the holy stairs and the cloisters with the Stations of the Sorrows of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Add to the plan Show detail
30 min

The Regional Museum of the Limanowa Region

Limanowa
Culture

The Regional Museum of the Limanowa Region is located in the premises of the Mars House, dating from the turn of the 18th and 19th centuries, and was established in 1970, on the initiative of a large group of people associated with PTTK. The Limanowa branch of the Society administered the facility until 1986, when it was taken over by the community. Currently, the museum has exhibitions: ethnographic, presenting the tradition and culture of the Limanowa Lachy, Lachy Lądeckie, Zagórzany and Łąckie (white) Highlanders, and historical and artistic exhibits, including exhibits related to the history of Limanowa and the region (including the original royal privileges and location documents from the 16th century) until the 18th century). The artistic part includes works by, among others Maksymilian Brożek, Kazimierz Kopczyński and Antoni Bieszczad. During many years of operation, the museum has gathered around 26,000 historical, ethnographic, artistic and photographic exhibits, and at the same time has its own scientific library and archival collections.

Add to the plan Show detail
30 min

Limanowa

Limanowa
Settlement

Limanowa je mesto ležiace medzi kopcami Beskid Wyspowy, ktoré víta pravidelných aj tých, ktorí sem prichádzajú prvýkrát. Centrálnym bodom mesta je trhové námestie a bazilika Sedembolestnej Panny Márie. Trhovisko zdobí fontána a rady dekoratívnych smrekov a záhonov. Arkády odkazujúce na obchodné domy s arkádami, ktoré tu stoja skôr, sú zaujímavým akcentom. V roku 2020 boli ukončené revitalizačné práce spojené s obnovou uličiek na námestí Marketplace, osvetlením a ozvučením, ako aj osadením interaktívnych lavičiek. Takzvaný „Buzodrom” sa nachádza Turistické informačné centrum Poviat, kde každý záujemca získa potrebné informácie o regióne a na ňom sa nachádza malá vyhliadková plošina. Trhovisko je miestom mnohých vonkajších predstavení a koncertov určených pre turistov a obyvateľov.

Add to the plan Show detail
120 min

The Limanowa Cross on the City Mountain

Limanowa
Nature

The Limanowa Cross on the City Mountain was erected in memory of the 2000th anniversary of Christianity, as a result of which it is also called the Millennium Cross. Due to the height of the elevation – 716 m above sea level, it is visible from many sides and towers over the town. It is a steel monument with an openwork structure. The whole structure is 37 m from the base, the arm span is 13 m, and the weight reaches 321 tons. There is a viewing platform on the pedestal under the cross, from where you can admire the panorama of the Beskid Wyspowy, Beskid Sądecki, Gorce, and in favorable weather even the Tatra Mountains. Under the platform there is a chapel with a copy of the Miraculous Pieta Limanowska, where religious celebrations are held. A clock built into the structure strikes the hours and then plays Marian songs. The road to this cross leads through the forest, where the Stations of the Cross were built.

Add to the plan Show detail
20 min

Church of st. Antoni Abbot Pustelnik in Męcina

Męcina
Culture

Church of st. Antoni Abbot Pustelnik in Męcina was probably established in 1638. In the 18th century, a tower and a chapel were added to the nave. A single sheet metal roof covers the nave and a narrower closed chancel. An interesting fact is the clock located on the northern wall of the tower – an element rarely found in wooden architecture. The interior is covered with flat ceilings and decorated with polychrome from 1888. There are late-baroque altars from the 18th century in the temple: in the main painting Ecce Homo, and in the side images of Our Lady of the Rosary and St. Anthony. It is also worth paying attention to the Baroque wooden baptismal font from the 17th century. The whole thing is connected by a stone fence of the former church cemetery, giving the effect of a uniform, compact spatial and historic unit. Since 2006, when the new temple was consecrated, it has been an auxiliary church.

Add to the plan Show detail
90 min

The lookout tower near Jaworze

Męcina
Nature

The lookout tower near Jaworze is an interesting tourist attraction, located in the Beskid Wyspowy. The wooden structure, located slightly below the summit of Jaworze (921 m above sea level), is 20 m high, with ladders climbing to its top. Thanks to the rise above the crowns of trees growing around, the panorama of the Beskid Wyspowy, Pogórze Rożnowskie and Ciężkowickie and Beskid Sądecki is unveiled, and in good weather you can even see the Tatra Mountains. In the morning you can admire the so-called „Seas of mists”, which are particularly frequent in the area, especially in spring and autumn. A wooden shelter with a fireplace and benches was built just below the tower. This property can be reached by car and then on foot, which takes approximately 20 minutes. Hubertówka pod Jaworzem is located nearby ag an agritourism farm, offering tasty cuisine and beautiful views from the terrace.

Add to the plan Show detail
40 min

The Sanctuary of Our Lady of Consolation in Pasier

Limanowa
Culture

The Sanctuary of Our Lady of Consolation in Pasierbiec is connected with the Marian cult on Pasierbiecka Góra, which refers to the graces of the famous painting, founded in 1822 by Jan Matras. He was a soldier in the Austrian army who, miraculously saved by Mary at the Battle of Rastatt in 1793, made a solemn vow in which he pledged to build a chapel in which she would be venerated. This facility quickly became the center of the religious life of the local inhabitants, and as a result of the spreading of the cult of the image, pilgrimages began to attract more and more distant places. Currently, the center of the sanctuary is the brick church of Our Lady of Consolation towering over the surrounding area. Nearby, there are also Marian Paths and the characteristic Way of the Cross, leading to the top of the nearby hill where Golgotha is located.

Add to the plan Show detail
20 min

The Church of All Saints in Łososina Górna

Limanowa
Culture

The Church of All Saints in Łososina Górna is a historic Roman Catholic church from the 18th century. It was built in 1778 on the basis of earlier sacred buildings (including a church from the 15th century) and has been rebuilt and renovated many times since then. It is a wooden church with a square tower, a polygonal chancel and two side chapels. The main entrance is under the tower. The baroque main altar dates back to 1873, and it houses the 18th-century painting of the Mother of God with the Child, covered with the painting All Saints Adoring the Holy Trinity. Above is also a small image of the Transfiguration of the Lord. Both the walls and the ceiling of the church are covered with figural and ornamental polychrome, made in 1882. In the church tower there is a historic bell named „Saint Andrew”, cast in 1520.

Add to the plan Show detail
20 min

Church of st. Mary Magdalene in Kasina Wielka

Kasina Wielka
Culture

Church of st. Mary Magdalene in Kasina Wielka was erected in 1624. It is a wooden, single-nave building with a carcass roof, covered with shingle, and a single-ridge, gable roof. In the middle of the temple there is a small tower – the so-called signature. The main tower, covered with traditional shingles, is topped with a Baroque onion-shaped cupola with a lantern. The interior of the church is decorated with Baroque and late Baroque polychrome, which gives the temple an ornamental and figural character. In the main altar there are wooden figures of St. Mary Magdalene and the apostles: Peter and Paul. The church has two side altars. On the rood beam there is a crucifix and baroque figures of the Mother of God and St. John. The Way of the Cross from 1888 is painted on canvas, and the paintings are framed in wooden frames. Under the tower there is a valuable polychrome and statues of Dominican saints. The choir houses an organ from 1835, made by Marcin Pracz Pcimski. A very valuable relic is also the painting on the ceiling boards just behind the choir, which depicts the Dominican saints.

Add to the plan Show detail