30 min

Spa Smerdžonka

Červený Kláštor
Neutral
Settlement

The spa is located in the beautiful nature of Pienín. Healthy mineral water has been springing from the depths of the earth since time immemorial, and for the first time it was used in healing by monks from a nearby monastery, who came to the region in the 14th century. The spa in Červený Kláštor disappeared after the Second World War and the tradition was not renewed until 2012. With the help of a unique mineral water with a hydrogen sulfide smell, all non-communicable skin diseases are treated in the spa, but the water also has beneficial effects on musculoskeletal and digestive systems. diseases.

Add to the plan Show detail
60 min

Beliansky pond

Spišská Belá
Nature

The suburban recreation zone of the town of Spišská Belá with a magnificent view of the massif of the High and partly also Belianske Tatras is located less than 1 km behind the town of Spišská Belá in the direction of Tatranská Kotlina / Ždiar. It is the place where the newly built cycle route to Tatranská Kotlina begins. It is a place for every tourist, not just a fisherman, who has a carp fishing pond available here with the opportunity to buy a fishing license. It is a place for pleasant relaxation with the possibility of refreshments in a fisherman's house. In addition to the access road to the fisherman's house, there are information panels with maps of the city and the region, as well as other interesting tourist information. In front of the entrance to the pond there are 2 parking lots - one with an asphalt surface, the other with a gravel surface, for a total of about 80 cars. Many cultural and sporting events take place in this locality - Beliansky majáles, Beltownfest music festival, fishing competitions - Beliansky kapor and others.

Add to the plan Show detail
60 min

Kežmarok

Kežmarok
Settlement

A district town located below the High Tatras in the Prešov Region. It is the historical center of the traditional Spiš region and the capital of the Carpathian Germans living in Slovakia and the former Hungary. The historic core of the city is a city monument reserve. In the city there is a wooden evangelical articular Church of the Holy Trinity, which is since 2008 inscribed on the UNESCO World Cultural and Natural Heritage List. The most important monuments in Kežmarok include the New Evangelical Church and the wooden articular church. In 1991, the tradition of annual markets was renewed and in the summer Kežmarok becomes the venue of one of the largest festivals of folk crafts in Europe.

Add to the plan Show detail
15 min

Wooden articular church

Kežmarok
Culture

This church, also named the Church of the Holy Trinity, is one of the oldest monuments in Kežmarok. It was built on the outskirts, behind the city walls. It is not known what the first articular church looked like. Only the late Renaissance baptistery from 1690 and the stone epitaphs from 1688 have been preserved from the original church. The prototype of the church was a log church with a floor plan of an isosceles Greek cross in Amsterdam on the Noorder Kerk.

Add to the plan Show detail
15 min

New Evangelical Church

Kežmarok
Culture

In the second half of the 19th century, the Evangelicals of Kežmarok decided to build a new, more representative church. A delegation of the church visited in 1870 chief landscape architect Teofil Hansen, who donated his own projects, originally intended for the Orient. The project attracted with its uniqueness - it should not have a uniform building style, but the building was to include within the so-called eclectic style elements of Byzantine, Romanesque, Renaissance, Moorish, and even various oriental. There was exact symmetry in everything. The church was r. 1909 Imrich Thököly's mausoleum added. The church represents the last resting place of Imrich Thököly (1657 - 1705), prince of Transylvania and uncrowned king of Upper Hungary, who played an important role in the history of Kežmarok, Hungary and Transylvania.

Add to the plan Show detail
45 min

Kežmarok Castle

Kežmarok
Culture

It belongs to the type of so-called city castles - was built directly on the territory of the town of Kežmarok in order to defend it from possible enemies. In the end, however, its owners fought against Kežmarok, which did not want to give up the rights of a free royal town and be an ordinary serf town. The construction of the castle is associated with the name of the Zápoľský family - the first written record of the castle is from 1463. The original Gothic fortress was rebuilt by the Thököly family into a luxurious Renaissance mansion. After the transfer to the ownership of the city, the castle was used for various inferior purposes, such as. grain granaries, barracks, workshops and several times even burned down. Only in the 2nd half. In the 19th century, efforts were made to use the castle for museum purposes, but the museum did not open until 1931 after a partial repair of the main tower.

Add to the plan Show detail
30 min

Museum of Housing Culture

Kežmarok
Culture

In the burgher house on the main square, there is an exposition of the burgher housing culture in Spiš. This unique exhibition in Slovakia presents artistic and craft exhibits from the 17th century, but its basis is part of the burgher residential interior of the 19th century. The exposition of the burgher housing culture in Spiš was created in 1994 after the completion of the reconstruction of the burgher house on the main square. Collectible objects documenting the living culture of the more affluent bourgeois or aristocratic strata from the middle of the 17th century to the end of the 19th century are exhibited. The intention of the installation was to evoke period interiors and thus create a representative cross-section in all areas of housing (kitchen and dining area, living rooms, bedrooms).

Add to the plan Show detail
30 min

Spišská Belá

Spišská Belá
Settlement

This town is known for having the only accessible cave in the High Tatras, the Belianska Cave. The town lies in the northern part of the Poprad basin, at the confluence of the Poprad and Belianske streams. Its area is bordered on the northwest by the Belianske Tatras, on the east by the Levočské vrchy. In 1778 a cannery and distillery were established here and in 1895 a railway from Poprad was built. Romanesque-Gothic church of St. Antona pustovn at the confluence of Poprad and Belianského potokaík was later rebuilt and in 1720 baroqued. Late Renaissance and Baroque burgher houses from the 17th-18th centuries can be seen on the square. Doctor Michal Greisiger, a pioneering researcher, worked here. Its museum is symbolically with the Municipal Library in the same building.

Add to the plan Show detail
45 min

J. M. Petzval Museum

Spišská Belá
Culture

The museum is located in the late Renaissance building of the school, originally it was a ground floor building with an extension made in the 18th century. The museum's exposition chronologically makes available to the visitor devices and aids of the most diverse types from Petzval's time to the latest examples of photographic technology. Here are examples of today's telephoto, wide angle and aerial photography lenses. There is also modern optics for various projection devices and photo chambers. In 1888, G. Eastman, the founder of Kodak, replaced the board tray with roll film, and since then the film machines have almost completely displaced previous board devices. Among the exhibits there are several types of Kodak and among them there is also the famous folk device Vest - Pocket - Kodak (pocket Kodak).

Add to the plan Show detail
45 min

Strážky manor house

Spišská Belá-Strážky
Culture
Nature

This manor house is located in the middle of the historical region of the former Upper Hungary, in the village of Strážky, which was founded in the second half of the 12th century. At the beginning of the 14th century, the Berzeviczy family received it from a deed of gift from King Karol Róbert. The manor house acquired its present form only in the 16th - 17th century with the completion of the original residential building with an L-shaped floor plan by unknown masters. Further building modifications did not leave more fundamental changes in its appearance, so we are still welcomed for the East Slovak Renaissance by the characteristic disposition of the manor house with the features of the defensive structure and typical attics close to the Polish realizations of the time. The permanent expositions in the manor house mainly present the work of Ladislav Mednyánszky, portrait work on Spiš, the collections of the historical library and the manor house's furniture.

Add to the plan Show detail