45 min

St. Michael the Archangel in Dwernik

Dwernik 22, Dwernik
Culture

St. Michael the Archangel in Dwernik, it was erected in the years 1979-1981 according to the design of Jan Rzadca, on the ruins of the church from 1785, which burned down and of which only the old forest wreath and the remains of the cemetery have survived. Fragments of the church of St. Michael the Archangel from Lutowiska. The building has a log structure and is covered with shingle. It is a tripartite temple with a chancel closed on three sides and two sacristy, as well as a single-ridge tin roof topped with a soaring turret. Next to the church there is a wooden bell tower with a pole structure. The newly built temple is not a faithful representation of the original church, but it has a wonderful memento of the church in Lutowiska, which is the surviving icon of St. Michael the Archangel.

Add to the plan Show detail
45 min

Church of Of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin

Marszałka Józefa Piłsudskiego 137, Zagórz
Culture

Church of Of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Zagórze is one of the main places of the Marian cult in Podkarpacie. The late Baroque church was built at the end of the 18th century on the ruins of the original Gothic chapel, funded by King Casimir the Great. It is a single-nave building with a vestibule and sacristy, built of stone and covered with plaster, which was rebuilt and renovated after the destruction of World War I. The central point of the altar and, at the same time, the greatest treasure of the church, which is credited with miraculous healing, is the late Gothic painting of the Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary, famous for its graces. The rich baroque interior of the church is also decorated with paintings saved from a burnt monastery, as well as a historic 17th-century baptismal font and a pulpit. Since 2012, there are also relics of John Paul II, and in front of the building there is a stone commemorating the Pope's visit in 1958. In 2007, the temple was awarded the title of the Sanctuary of the Divine Zagórska – Mother of New Life.

Add to the plan Show detail
60 min

The Discalced Carmelite Monastery in Zagórze

Klasztorna 40, Zagórz
Culture

The Discalced Carmelite Monastery in Zagórze is a monumental ruin of a late Baroque church and monastery – a stronghold of the Discalced Carmelites from the 18th century, located on the Mariemont hill (345 m above sea level) in the bend of the Osława River. It is one of the few preserved fortified monasteries in Poland. The founder of the caramel in Zagórze was the Voivode of Volhynia, Jan Adam Stadnicki. The construction work took 30 years, and the cornerstone was laid on August 7, 1700. The monastery complex consisted mainly of: the church of Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the monastery and farm buildings, and they were surrounded by high defensive walls. Over the years, the monastery was consumed by two great fires: after the first one it was rebuilt, but after the second, which took place in 1822, not anymore, and with time the buildings began to deteriorate and fall into ruin. Currently, conservation works are underway there.

Add to the plan Show detail
45 min

St. Onufry in Wisłok Wielki

Wisłok Wielki 65,Wisłok Wielki
Culture

St. Onufry in Wisłok Wielki, located in the Komańcza commune in Podkarpacie, it was erected in 1853 and consecrated in 1854. The Greek Catholic church is a wooden, log structure with an elongated nave, a separate women's gallery and a vestibule, as well as a gable roof covered with shingles. The interior is decorated with the preserved three-zone iconostasis from the time of its creation, the canopy over the altar, the Stations of the Cross, the confessional, the cross, procession banners, and the 19th-century polychrome. After World War II, the building was renovated and restored many times, maintaining its original character. Since 1948, it has been the Roman Catholic church. Next to the church there is a bell tower – a gate erected in 1902, in which in 1997 three modern church bells were installed, consecrated by John Paul II. In 2002, a small museum of orthodox church art was established in the church tower and attic.

Add to the plan Show detail
40 min

Orthodox Church of The Protection of Our Lady in K

Komańcza 216
Culture

Orthodox Church of The Protection of Our Lady in Komancza is the seat of the Greek Catholic faith, first mentioned in 1530. Unfortunately, this temple was burned down, and in its place in 1802 a new one was erected, and in later years the gate bell tower and sacristy were added. In 2006, for unknown reasons, the church burnt down again, and only the belfry, part of the vestibule and several wooden crosses around the church survived. In the years 2008-2010, the building was rebuilt, as a result of which a faithful replica of the former church was created, and the bell tower was restored. Since 1963, the temple serves as the Orthodox Church. It is one of the 3 best-preserved churches in the East-Lemko style. There is also a regional art gallery in the belfry, where you can buy souvenirs from this region.

Add to the plan Show detail