40 min

The Spa Park in Rymanów-Zdrój

Zdrojowa 53, Rymanów-Zdrój
Neutral

The Spa Park in Rymanów-Zdrój is located on both sides of the small river Tabor. Combining the features of the mountain climate, and thanks to the significant content of sea iodine, the microclimate of this town is favorable for the activity of patients and tourists in the open air. Park alleys and green squares provide complete tranquility and peace. In this park there is a mineral water pump room connected with a café, next to which a graduation tower was built, as well as sculptures of John Paul II and Anna Potocka – the founder of the health resort. An interesting attraction is the „amphitheater on the water”, standing on stilts in the middle of an artificial pond and a fairy-tale corner for children. The concert shell attracts megalomaniacs and artistic souls. The latest investment is a huge granite fountain with light illumination. The water jets illuminated with colorful lights in the evening create a beautiful spectacle admired by the visitors.

Add to the plan Show detail
45 min

The market square in Krosno

Krosno
Neutral

The market square in Krosno is the focal point of the city founded in the 14th century. Its characteristic elements are historic tenement houses from various eras: the vogt's tenement house from the fifteenth century, the town hall manor from the early sixteenth century, the seventeenth-century tenement house of the richest merchant and burgher from Scotland – Robert Portius, or the Mięsowicz family tenement, today known as the clock”, in which in the years 1901-1938 operated the „First National Factory of Tower Clocks” (now the Craft Museum). The tenement houses have a unique Italian character due to charming, Renaissance arcades. Next to the Krosno parish church – the historic church – there is a monument to Portius, and on the market square there is the largest in Poland, cast in bronze, model showing the old Krosno and the Piłsudski monument. The Glass Heritage Center is also located in the Old Town.

Add to the plan Show detail
60 min

Church of st. Stanisław Biskupa Męczennik

Zdrojowa 10, Rymanów-Zdrój
Culture

Church of st. Stanisław Biskupa Męczennik in Rymanów-Zdrój is a temple whose history is closely related to the history of the health resort. Initially, it was a small, wooden chapel, and the brick church, which still exists today, was built in 1912-1926 by the Counts Potocki, the owners of the health resort, for the needs of an increasing number of patients. The temple is a three-nave neo-Gothic church with a small, soaring tower above the entrance, and the interior is covered with delicate polychromes with neo-Gothic motifs and images of the Way of the Cross. The furnishings of the church are contemporary and quite simple, and the windows are decorated with stained glass with figures of saints. As there are also relics of saints: Faustina and Stanisław the Bishop, the building is a place of religious worship. A special event for the parish in 2012 was the visit to the temple by John Paul II's Good Friday Cross and its relics.

Add to the plan Show detail
30 min

The main Mineral Water Pump Room

Parkowa 8, Rymanów-Zdrój
Culture

The main Mineral Water Pump Room in Rymanów-Zdrój is situated in a town which gained the status of a health resort in 1928 due to the discovery of healing springs of mineral waters, rich in iodine, iron and bromides. It treats respiratory diseases, especially in children, as well as cardiovascular, gastric, intestinal and skin diseases. The main pump room is located in the central part of the picturesque Spa Park. Visitors can take advantage of the drinking treatment with healing waters: „Tytus”, „Klaudia” and „Celestynka” (the names of the waters come from the names of the parents of the spa's founders – Anna and Stanisław Potocki). The wooden, 100-year-old building has undergone a thorough revitalization and roofed terraces have been added to it. Under the cylindrical dome, made of wood and tempered glass, you can see a water source, and on the walls there are photographs presenting the history of the spa.

Add to the plan Show detail
45 min

The graduation tower in Rymanów-Zdrój

Parkowa, Rymanów-Zdrój
Neutral

The graduation tower in Rymanów-Zdrój was established in 2016 in the Spa Park, next to the Main Mineral Water Pump Room. This small building of wooden architecture, covered with shingles and filled with blackthorn twigs, was designed by Stefan Stempin. Brine from the local spring „Tytus”, rich in chlorine-sodium mineral waters, flows down the twigs. There are benches around the graduation towers, on which patients and walkers inhale a specific saline aerosol, which affects many diseases of the respiratory and circulatory system, and in particular has properties that increase the body's resistance. It is a kind of inhaler, operating in the open air, and the most intense brine evaporation occurs on sunny and windy days, so you can enjoy both sunbathing and brine inhalation here.

Add to the plan Show detail
120 min

The Glass Heritage Center in Krosno

Blich 2, Krosno
Culture

The Glass Heritage Center in Krosno was established in 2012 and is a place devoted to the 90-year history of metallurgy and glass art in Krosno. The construction of the glassworks started in 1923 on part of the estate of Countess Cecylia née Potocki Kaczkowska, and a year later the production of glass began. The Second World War destroyed this facility, but after its end, it was rebuilt and the production of household, table and artistic glass was resumed. The products were exported to various continents, and the glass was bought by monarchs and heads of state, including Queen Elizabeth II, King of Spain, Shah of Iran, Empress of Japan. Under the influence of contemporary political changes, the steelworks was privatized. Some plants still produce glass, and 85% of their products are exported. In 2012, the Glass Center was established, which stores and makes available to visitors the glass heritage of Krosno. In the metallurgical workshop belonging to the Center, you can observe glass production, „blow” your own glass bulb, and buy products from Krosno in the company shop.

Add to the plan Show detail
45 min

St. John of Dukla

ul. Pocztowa 5,Dukla
Culture

St. John of Dukla is a valuable sacred complex and the main center of the cult of St. John of Dukla, a saintly monk, born in 1414 in Dukla, beatified in 1733, and included in Krosno in 1997 by John Paul II. The sanctuary was erected under diocesan law in 2009. In the brick church, with a magnificent late-baroque façade, framed by two towers, covered with baroque domes, there is the chapel of St. John of Dukla. Under the altar, there is a silver coffin with the relics of this saint, which is an object of religious worship, moved in 1974 from the Bernardine monastery in Rzeszów. They are visited by pilgrims, both asking for the favors needed for themselves and their loved ones, and thanking them for the many miracles that have happened through the intercession of the Patron.

Add to the plan Show detail
120 min

The Palace and Historical Museum in Dukla

Trakt Węgierski 5, Dukla
Culture

The Palace and Historical Museum in Dukla is an object erected in the years 1636-1638 by the Mniszch family, and rebuilt by successive owners: Jerzy Wandalin – Minister of the Treasury at the court of August III, Maria Potocka, Józef Ossoliński, as well as the Stadnicki and Tarnowski families. The palace was destroyed during World War II, but it was rebuilt quite quickly and in 1964 the first historical exhibition devoted to the battle fought in the outskirts of Dukla was organized. In 1972, an independent regional Museum of Brotherhood in Arms was established here, which presents temporary exhibitions (related to various occasional anniversaries) and permanent exhibitions: „Dukla and the Palace” (owners of Dukla estates, paintings, collections of photographs and postcards from various eras, documents of visiting guests here, for example, Tadeusz Kościuszko), „Military” (exhibits from the battles fought by Polish, German, Austrian, Soviet, Russian and Czechoslovak soldiers), „Heavy weapons” (in the park there is an open-air museum of heavy weapons: cannons, launchers, mortars, a tank and even a training and training aircraft). In 2012, the heirs of the Tarnowski family regained the Palace, but the Museum still remains the leaseholder of the main building and the open-air museum of „Heavy weapons”.

Add to the plan Show detail