Church of Our Lady of the Scapular „Na Burku”
Church of Our Lady of the Scapular „Na Burku” in Tarnów is a temple erected before 1458, on the Wątok stream. In the 15th century, it was moved from the place where the Tarnów cathedral is located today. It is one of the oldest wooden churches in Małopolska and at the same time one of the most interesting monuments of Tarnów, and is situated near the Tarnów market square. A pillar tower with a mantle, covered with a spherical cupola with a lantern, was added in 1910. Inside, there are flat ceilings with cracks (in the nave), which are covered with polychrome from the 1930s by Tadeusz Terlecki. On the northern wall of the chancel, you can see the remains of the late Renaissance ornamental polychrome from the 16th and 17th centuries. The Rococo main altar dates back to the second half of the 18th century, and in its central field there is the 16th century painting of the Mother of God with the Child, famous for its graces.
- 45 min