Church of st. Antoni Abbot Pustelnik in Męcina
Church of st. Antoni Abbot Pustelnik in Męcina was probably established in 1638. In the 18th century, a tower and a chapel were added to the nave. A single sheet metal roof covers the nave and a narrower closed chancel. An interesting fact is the clock located on the northern wall of the tower – an element rarely found in wooden architecture. The interior is covered with flat ceilings and decorated with polychrome from 1888. There are late-baroque altars from the 18th century in the temple: in the main painting Ecce Homo, and in the side images of Our Lady of the Rosary and St. Anthony. It is also worth paying attention to the Baroque wooden baptismal font from the 17th century. The whole thing is connected by a stone fence of the former church cemetery, giving the effect of a uniform, compact spatial and historic unit. Since 2006, when the new temple was consecrated, it has been an auxiliary church.
- 20 min